Professional Auctioneer George Vaught will manage and conduct our Live Auction.
In Bidding Order:
1. A luxurious hand-woven, hypo allergenic, 100% Texas alpaca rug in natural colors from John Pettit’s alpaca ranch in Driftwood, TX. Donated to The Friends Foundation by John Pettit.
2. Full day private winery tour for four. This chauffeur-driven tour includes tasting fees for four guests at four wineries. Complimentary chilled bottled water and door-to-door pick up and drop off from a location in Dripping Springs. (Tax of 8.25% and 20% tour guide gratuity not included.) Expires October 20, 2020 Graciously donated by Kathie MacDonald of Discover Texas Wine Tours.
3. This experience includes a one-night stay for two at Hill Country Casitas in a one-bedroom casita, which can be upgraded at a discounted rate. Enjoy your stay at this peaceful and relaxing location with amazing views, which is paired with a visit to Hawk’s Shadow Winery situated just across the road in Dripping Springs. This is a private tour for four of the winery and vineyards, including tastings and a barrel tasting with 2 meat and cheese trays. Donated by Hill Country Casitas and Hawk’s Shadow Winery.
4. This Hatton Henry fine leather tote bag by Vanessa Vaught is handmade from start to finish right here in Texas. Since 2013, each bag is handcrafted in a small South Austin studio. This gorgeous, rustic top grain pebbled leather tote is 14” x 16” wide, with an 11” strap drop and has plenty room for all your everyday essentials and perfectly designed for year round. The body is of rich oil tanned leather with a carry strap of premium bridle leather. This stunningly beautiful leather can take a beating and only looks better and better. Donated by 4th generation Texas leather worker, Vanessa Vaught of Hatton Henry.
5. Hot Texas Swing Band Trio and Pig Pen BBQ in Dripping Springs are teaming up for an evening of music and a BBQ dinner for 20 people. The dinner includes chicken, sausage, two sides and all the fixings. Please preorder for pick up on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday (excluding holidays). The Hot Texas Swing Band Trio will perform at your event for an hour long set in the Dripping Springs or Austin area. Their hard-drivin’, award winnin’ Western Swing is perfect party music for dancing and/or listening! PA sound system and lighting included. Donated by Bill and Michelle Warren of Pig Pen BBQ and Alex Dormont’s Hot Texas Swing Band Trio. Expires October 1, 2020.
6. Private winery tour and tasting at Texas Hills Vineyard with food pairing for 12 people where you will receive instruction on the wine making process from harvest to bottling. Gary and Kathy Gilstrap have owned and operated this lovely venue just east of Johnson City since 1999. They suggest 2-3 months advance reservation. Expires October 10, 2020. Graciously donated by Texas Hills Vineyard.
7. A private collection of Texas Hill Country arrowheads and artifacts arranged in a frame donated to honor Melvin McNair and in loving memory of Judy McNair, former Board Members of The Friends Foundation.
8. Guided quail hunt at the 501 Ranch in Uvalde, TX. The hunt must be taken at a time arranged with the ranch manager during the last two weeks of January through February 2020. This guided hunt for two will be for wild birds and will include highly trained pointing dogs. The package includes 2 nights of lodging and all meals with access to five stand, skeet, rifle range and bass fishing.
9. Capture memories with a private 1-2 hour family portrait session in the Dripping Springs or Austin area from Shelley Elena Photography. The session is good from December 2019 through June 2020.
10. Fly Away and Fly Back – this is two round trip tickets anywhere Southwest Airlines flies in the United States and its territories. Donated to The Friends Foundation by Southwest Airlines. Expires October 7, 2020.
11. Zip Lost Pines offers six dual zip lines for side-by-side excitement while zipping the shady pine forests, across steep canyons and catching a glimpse of the Colorado River. Your 2 to 2 ½ hour tour includes park entrance for four guests. Zip Lost Pines is located just outside Austin in Cedar Creek. Age, weight and health restrictions apply. Donated by Zip Lost Pines.