Financial Assistance is our only program where qualifying is based on an applicant’s income.
- The Friends Foundation will accept completed applications for Financial Assistance for individuals over the age of 60 from nursing centers, community nonprofit groups, or the caretaker or party responsible for the management of the affairs of such person. Requests for Financial Assistance must clearly state the need, the dollar amount being requested, and other foundations, groups, or individuals who have been contacted regarding the need. The Application will be reviewed by The Friends Foundation board in accordance with the guidelines stated below. Applications are available online through this website or by mail.
- All requests for Financial Assistance must include proof of residency in the greater Dripping Springs area. Requests must further include the applicant’s physical address and mailing address, home and work telephone numbers and e-mail address, if applicable.
- All requests for Financial Assistance must also include a copy of the applicant’s three (3) most recent tax returns, if the applicant’s income is great enough to require filing an income tax return, as well as a statement of assets including amounts held in currency, bank accounts, savings accounts, or certificates of deposit, or the market value of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and similar liquid assets, but not including the value of the applicant’s home or other fixed assets. No applicant will be considered if their Area Median Income exceeds the level defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) as “very low income” (50% of Median Income*) for the Austin/San Marcos Metropolitan Statistical Area as adjusted annually by HUD.
- All requests for Financial Assistance will be kept strictly confidential unless the applicant directs otherwise in writing to The Friends Foundation. The maximum amount of assistance to any one individual in any six month period will be $2,500.
- Some examples of services which The Friends Foundation will consider for funding are:
- Dentures and Dental exams
- Eyeglasses and exams
- Hearing aids and Hearing exams
- Medication expenses not covered by Medicare or Medicaid
- Retrofitting homes
- Utility bills and rent
- Wheel chairs, shower chairs, bedside commodes, walkers, crutches and other necessary devices not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
You can download and print a form here to apply for assistance.